Calterm III 3.14 + MetaFiles :
The development process for electronic engines requires PC support tools which interface to the electronic subsystem, and its various feature sets. Calterm III is used to increase the productivity of the engineers developing electronic engine features by providing diagnostics, simulation, and value manipulation capabilities for Electronic Control Modules (ECMs).
As is the case with most support tools, Calterm III attempts to work with all of the features in the ECM. However, this superset of functionality is not always feasible given the rapid growth and change being experienced in Cummins’ electronic systems. As a way to try to give the most support to every electronic engine program, this tool will provide a base set of capabilities which will work on any ECM following the CORE Tools Interface standards. Customized or unique capabilities will then be added, as they are needed. Calterm III was initially designed to support the Global Tool Interface Specification, GTIS, 4.5 and Core-II based software. With the release of Calterm III, version 2.4, support for GTIS 3.8, 2.0 and pre-2 products has been included.
The Calterm III application is designed to support a wide variety of users and access levels. The Calterm III tool will eventually replace Calterm II, NGET, Engineering ESDN, Unlock and Field Calterm. As a result, not all users need, or are permitted to use, the full functionality of the tool. With this in mind, Calterm III comes with five user access levels.
· Level 0 (Service) Enables user with basic Field Calterm functionality
· Level 1 (Standard) Enables user with Calterm II and NGET functionality
· Level 2 (Secure) Enables user with Calterm II, NGET and Unlock tool functionality
· Level 3 (Enterprise) Enables user with Calterm II, NGET, Unlock and Engineering ESDN functionality
· Level 4 (Service Pro) Contains the same functionality as Level 0 (Service) plus the capability to Download to a secure module
Calterm III HELP
Calterm III Training
Calterm Common Approach Manuals